Philemon 6

From: Richard Lindeman (richlind@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 22:27:50 EST

OK... after a bit thought here is the translation I favor at the moment:

"My prayer is that the partnership (we have) of your faith might be
effective
in the knowledge of every good thing we have in(to) Christ"

With this translation EN is simply translated "in" and lets the reader
decide whether it implies means or purpose. In either case I think that
the above translation works well and lays the necessary groundwork for
Paul's request concerning Onesimus. It is then a request that is based upon
the partnership of faith that Paul, Timothy, and Philemon currently share
which will now also is to include Onesimus as well.

Rich Lindeman