Re: LXX versions?

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Mon May 04 1998 - 13:24:45 EDT

At 11:54 AM 5/4/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Are there other versions for the LXX as there are for the NT? I was looking
>to purchase one and have only used one at the library put out by Zondervan.
>I noticed that this one is no longer for sale and was considering ordering
>the
>Septuagint with Apocrypha: Greek and English Hendrickson Publishers by Sir
>Lancelot C.L. Brenton. Is this the most current LXX that is available?
>
>Thanks,
>Justin Johnson

No, the most current edition is published in multiple volumes by the
University of Goettingen. This would probably be both too expensive and not
very handy. The most widely used edition is that of Rahlfs, published by
the American Bible Society. That is the one you want rather than
Hendrickson's or Zondervans.

The critical apparatus is not as thorough as the Goettingen edition, but its
is ample.

Best,

Jim

Jim West, ThD