Re: 1 Cor 14:27--number agreement

From: Trevor M Peterson (spedrson@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jun 24 1998 - 07:13:30 EDT

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:24:53 -0400 "David L. Moore"
<dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com> writes:

[snipped]

> Since one of Paul's major concerns in this section is for an
>orderly
>worship service, we should understand KATA DUO H TO PLEISTON TREIS not
>as
>of groups of two or three speaking at once but as two or three (at
>most)
>messages in tongues in any single meeting. Note hOTAN SUNERCHSQE in
>v. 26
>with the following enumeration of possible contributions to the
>worship.

This touches on another issue we discussed in this verse. Whether it
refers to LOGOUS or to people, why make it "two or three [in a service]"?
 He suggested "two or three," followed by interpretation, then "two or
three" more and more interpretation, etc.

Trevor Peterson, M.Div.
Capital Bible Seminary
Lanham, MD