Chiasmus in 1 Cor. 2:12-13

From: vince-s@juno.com
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 05:33:13 EDT

I was further pondering the verses (especially appreciating the
alliteration), when I noticed that the semantic parallels that I
mentioned previously form a beautiful chiastic structure.

a. EIDWMEN (Plural Actice Verb)
b. TA hUPO TOU QEOU CAPISQENTA UMIN (Plural Acc. Direct Object)
c. EV DIDAKTOIS PNEUMATOS (Plural Dative of Means)
c. PNEUMATIKOIS (Plural Dative of Means)
b. PNEUMATIKA (Plural Acc. Direct Object)
a. SUGKRINONTES (Plural Active Participle)

The chiasm really helps bring out the relationship between the purpose
clause and the adverbial phrase.

OK, I'm done now. :-)

Vince