Fwd: Announcing a new Overview of Greek Syntax

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 08:07:52 EST

<x-flowed>Although the overview of Greek syntax herein announced is based on Smyth's
(earlier and now out-of-copyright) Greek Grammar--which is of Classical
Attic, not Hellenistic Koine, nevertheless I think this overview with its
textual illustrations of usage and key-ins directly to Smyth may be of
interest to our list-members.

>Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:22:11 -0500
>From: Jeff Rydberg-Cox <jrydberg@flash.net>
>To: classics@u.washington.edu
>Subject: Announcing a new Overview of Greek Syntax
>
>The Perseus Project is pleased to announce a new Overview of Greek Syntax
>at http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/text?lookup=jrc+gksyn+toc.
>
>The overview currently contains a short description of the elements of
>Greek Syntax that most students will encounter in first and second year
>Greek. Each section contains an example that is linked to the texts in the
>Perseus digital library and a link to a more complete discussion in Smyth's
>Greek Grammar (http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/text?lookup=smyth+toc).
>
>This overview is also integrated to the morphological analysis tool in
>Perseus. When a user analyzes a word, they can follow now follow links
>from the analysis to the overview. (See, for example, the links in the
>analysis for paideuomenos at
>http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/morphindex?lookup=paideuo/menos).
>
>We welcome your feedback and comments about any of the resources in the
>Perseus
>digital library. Please send comments or report any problems to
>webmaster@perseus.tufts.edu.

Carl W. Conrad