Re: problems in Galatians

From: Mick Matousek (mickmat@teal.csn.net)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 13:40:15 EST

> I am about to embark on writing a commentary on Galatians which will
> focus on how the questions of the epistle's text and the interpretative
> possibilities of a given verse's grammar and syntax condition exegesis.
> (but never fear! I will not be abandoning the LP! <g>).
>
> Trusting that my own eyes will not pick up on all that I need to note,
> what I would like list-members to send me are their notes of and
> observations on text-critical, grammatical, and syntactical problems in
> Galatians. In other words, I want to hear about what in your eyes are
> particularly troublesome passages? Where do you see the Greek as
> ambiguous? Where might one legitimately say that Paul's meaning is
> unknown? Where is the syntax especially knotty and bothersome?

Several of us on the list are presently studying Galatians and would
be interested in the same information for our studies. Please
(everyone) post information to the B-Greek list so all us can
evaluate and learn. Please post only items which are B-Greek
appropriate. I suggest the Subject line begin [Gal 1.1] so that
similar posts will sort together.

 Thanks,

        Mick Matousek