problems in Galatians

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (jgibson000@ameritech.net)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 16:07:27 EST

Friends,

A very large favour, please:

I am about to embark on writing a commentary on Galatians which will
focus on how the questions of the epistle's text and the interpretative
possibilities of a given verse's grammar and syntax condition exegesis.
(but never fear! I will not be abandoning the LP! <g>).

Trusting that my own eyes will not pick up on all that I need to note,
what I would like list-members to send me are their notes of and
observations on text-critical, grammatical, and syntactical problems in
Galatians. In other words, I want to hear about what in your eyes are
particularly troublesome passages? Where do you see the Greek as
ambiguous? Where might one legitimately say that Paul's meaning is
unknown? Where is the syntax especially knotty and bothersome?

Thanks in advance for any and all help in this.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson