RE: Sorting alphabetically?

From: Wayne Heidler (wayne@kiva.net)
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 14:55:50 EDT

Wieland,

I did something a bit different than what has been mentioned. I currently
have the NT is Access broken down by book, chapter, and verse, but you could
do it in Excel or Word. (I am planing on putting the LXX in the same Dbase.)

My steps:
1. Make a column for the Greek with accents
2. Add a column for the Greek without accents
3. Highlight the column without accents
4. Replace each transliterated letter with a corresponding number....i.e.
a=01, b=02, g=03
5. I then do all of my sorting, queries, and what not on the numerical
column.

If you use Word, you can create a macro to do all this in one click.
Use what you can...

Good Luck and Blessings,

Wayne

Orleans Church of the Nazarene