META, DIA in Timothy

From: Jonathan Robie (Jonathan.Robie@SoftwareAG-USA.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 09:56:36 EST

<x-flowed>Does the word DIA mean in II Timothy 1:6 mean the same thing as the word
META in 1 Timothy 4:14? Context makes me think that the words mean the same
thing, but there's also part of me that wants to read deep theological
significance into the differing choice of words...

If the words really do mean the same thing, should I read agency into it,
or is the implied relationship weaker? What is the reasonable range of
meanings these prepositions might take in the given contexts?

If the words differ, precisely how do they differ?

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Robie
R&D Fellow, Software AG