RE: Acrostic What is it?

From: Steve Puluka (spuluka@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 06:32:51 EST

<x-flowed>Sorry for being slow on the uptake here, but I actually just looked this up
in webster's. What to my surprise, but the Hebrew verse of the Psalms is
definition number two!

Number one is from the Greek AKROSTICHOS, a construction, usually in verse,
where a certain letter of each line spells the name, title or motto of the
subject of the verse.

Is anyone aware of any examples of this construction in Greek, or any other
langauge for that matter?

Steve Puluka
Adult Education Instructor
http://arrive.at/byzantinecatholic