[b-greek] Mk 10:20 aspectology

From: yochanan bitan-buth (ButhFam@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 02:39:29 EDT

Clay HRWTHSEN
>Now I would expect one of the latter-day proponents of aspectology to
raise
>the question why do see the form EFULAXAMHN here? Is this question worth
>exploring?

In the later Koine the perfect and aorist started to decay, fall together
more frequently. This aorist appears to be like a perfect. Since it is also
in a Gospel text one may/should ask if this reflects a Semitic background,
since one Hebrew form covers both aorist and perfect. I haven't checked the
context or parallels for confirmation.

bivraxot
Randall Buth