[b-greek] Ephesians 1:10

From: JFisher777@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 15:51:38 EST

EIS OIKONOMIAN TOU PLhRWMATOS TWN KAIRWN, ANAKEFALAIWSASQAI TA PANTA EN TW
XRISTW TA EN TOIS OURANOIS KAI TA EPI ThS GhS

Sorry if I did not type it just right for the standards of this group. I am
still use to typing in Greek only and not English characters for Greek. At
any rate..I would like some suggestions on how to translate this verse.

That in the dispensation of the fullness of times, He might gather all
together in the Messiah, whether they are in the heavens or on the earth.

This translation of mine just doesn't seem right. And this word OIKONOMIAN,
when did we start translating it dispensation? What are some other flowing
alternatives?
And the word ANAKEFALAIWSASQAI - what a monster! Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Jeffrey R Fisher
Minister, Church of Christ
San Diego, CA