[b-greek] Re: Modern Greek

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 15:11:49 EST

on 12/15/00 11:27 AM, Trevor & Julie Peterson wrote:

> So . . . having said all that, here's my question: What do you think are
> the pros and cons of learning Modern Greek either prior or subsequent to
> learning Biblical Greek, specifically as a means to the end of better
> familiarity in working with Biblical Greek?

Does anyone remember reading a rather humorous account of Northrop Frye's
sojourn in Athens where he learned to speak Modern Greek? I think he had
some significant observations on this question but I don't remember where I
read it. Perhaps it was in Anatomy of Criticism or The Great Code.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point