[b-greek] Threads on Sentence/Parataxis

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 03:34:24 EDT

The merry discussions on the sentence, how time flies, and parataxis all
had an apparent initial impulse from questions concerning Greek. A few of
the messages in the ongoing discussion have even referred to the Greek.
HOWEVER, a considerable part of the discussion has been pretty abstract and
of questionable direct bearing on our shared concerns with the Biblical
Greek language or the Biblical Greek text. I was waiting for someone to
bring into discussion something like the problems of articulating Ephesians
1:3-12/14. If nobody is interested in that, so be it. But would it not be
fair to ask that any continued discussion of the articulation of sense in
smaller or larger units retain some focus upon the Biblical Greek language
or the Biblical Greek text?

Thanks.
Co-Chair, B-Greek List