[b-greek] Re: 2 Corinthians 5:10

From: B. Ward Powers (bwpowers@optusnet.com.au)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 01:03:48 EST

<x-flowed>
At 09:45 PM 020327 -0500, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
>At 8:05 PM -0600 3/27/02, dave willis wrote:
> >my tr text reads:
> >touv gar pantav hmav fanerwqhnai dei emprosqen tou
> >bhmatov tou cristou ina komishtai ekastov ta dia tou swmatov prov a
> >epraxen agaqon eite kakon
> >
> >while my wh (which the na26 is from) text reads:
> >touv gar pantav hmav fanerwqhnai dei emprosqen tou bhmatov tou cristou ina
> >komishtai ekastov ta dia tou swmatov prov a epraxen eite agaqon eite
> >faulon
> >(sorry for the copy and paste)
>
>Let's not be sorry, please. Let's just NOT do it, please. It takes longer
>to do the transliteration, but it certainly makes it easier for others to
>read.
>--
>
>Carl W. Conrad
>Co-Chair, B-Greek List
>Department of Classics, Washington University (Emeritus)
>cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu OR cwconrad@ioa.com
>WWW: http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~cwconrad/

I endorse these comments most warmly. It has taken me quite a while to
learn how to read the transliterated capitals we use, but now I can do it
reasonably fluently. But I cannot "read" the above "Greek" at all. In fact,
I am not even going to try, although I aim to read each of the posts to
b-greek. Let's all take Carl's admonition to heart and use the standard
b-greek transliteration method without deviation.

Ward
                                http://www.netspace.net.au/~bwpowers
Rev Dr B. Ward Powers Phone (International): 61-2-8714-7255
259A Trafalgar Street Phone (Australia): (02) 8714-7255
PETERSHAM NSW 2049 email: bwpowers@optusnet.com.au
AUSTRALIA. Director, Tyndale College