[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Unsubscribing

   To unsubscribe from the list, send a one-line message to:

      listproc@u.washington.edu

   with the message:

      signoff indknow

   The most common problems are:

   1. You send the message to the list (indknow@u.washington.edu) rather
      than the address for the list server (listproc@u.washington.edu).

   2. You include you name or e-mail number in the signoff request
      (e.g.: "signoff indknow Jane Doe" or "signoff indknow jdoe@my.edu").
      Some list servers (e.g. Mailbase, if I recall correctly) require
      you name, but listserv and listproc do not.

   3. You e-mail address has changed from the one you signed up under, or
      you are trying to signoff from another account. You can resolve
      this by using the original account you used to sign up on the list.
      If the account has changed, you can send the listowner a private
      message explaining the problem and asking that you be remove.
      It HELPS A GREAT DEAL if you can include your original address
      in the request. If I know your original address, I can submit a
      simple command to the list server to delete you. If I don't have
      the original address, then I have to call up the subscriber list,
      find you name among the hundreds on the list, and delete you
      manually.

   If you do try to unsubscribe and your request is rejected, you should
   get a message back that describes the error. PLEASE read this.
   It contains information about the listowner's address (here:
   pdh@u.washington.edu), so you can write personally to the listowner
   rather than to the entire list.

   Regards,
   Preston Hardison