[nafex] Grants for fruit research

Free @Backup service!  Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online.  Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6348/15/_/423498/_/969307848/

Hello,

I've been speaking with a grower in Tennessee who is interested in
developing maypops as a commercial fruit crop in that area.  We are
interested in getting a small grant (a few hundred to a few thousand
dollars) to cover the cost of some on-farm research - perhaps a trial
planting and / or some simple experiments on the best cultural methods for
this fruit.  Do any of you have suggestions on where we could apply for
grant money for on-farm research on a new fruit crop?

We'd really appreciate any help.

Chris