Re: [nafex] Plant tags

Gordon wrote:

>I have been experimenting with the Brother hand held "P-touch" Home and
>hobby III. It uses a 3/8 or 1/2 inch wide Metal tape. I have put them on
>grafts that I made last year. I also made 2 and put them in the shower. The
>ones that have been in the shower are still staying, and have not faded. But
>the ones I put outside still sticking but looking a little faded. I will
>have to wait till fall to fully evaluate them.

Speaking as one that has a large number of years of writing on
stakes, the only material that will not fade in the sun and weather
is a carbon based black ink or crayon. Not just any black but it has
to have a high carbon content and the ability to stick.

I have found that many ordinary black colored inks are not colorfast
and fade as fast as the colored ones.
--
Hank Parker
Maple syrup, apples