[nafex] What is going on wiht htis tree????

Gang:

Help!!!!

My favorite pear tree is under attack.   I have been training a row of
pear trees as double u espaliers.  Suddenly one of them looks like
it is at death's door.  The branches have turned dark brown and black,
the leaves are dry and brittle, some of the stems are limp...it looks
like it was blasted by a flame thrower.

I placed some photos under the nafex list's file section.   Kindly
take a look and offer an educated opinion.

Curious,

Kevin, currently a sad rabbit