[nafex] Luscious Pears

I came across a pear today that I have never seen before or read about at
Whole Foods Organic Market in Madison, WI.  It's a small pear and looks like
a giraffe!  The skin is cream and heavily mottled with big tan splotches.
The name listed for it is Luscious, and it is grown by a small organic
orchard near the Mississippi River on the Wisconsin side.  The handwritten
info on the pear stated that is a good variety for organic production and is
excellent eating quality.  The flavor is supposed to be like butterscotch.
I'll have to wait until the pears ripen to verify that claim.

Does anyone have info on this pear?  The appearance of the fruit, in itself,
is quite interesting.  I would have named it Giraffe, but no one asked me.
Doreen Howard,
Zone 4b Wisconsin, where a flake of the white stuff has yet to fall!!

Unlimited calling with 3-way conferencing. Only $1/Mo.
with CrystalVoice! FREE trial. Click Here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hb1xVB/HxbDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM