Good question, Agbioview does not have the name but the Cap Times
archives does:Biopharming Is Safely Regulated
The Capital Times :: EDITORIAL :: 9A
Saturday, December 28, 2002
Tom Still president, Wisconsin Technology Council Madison
Interesting Eh? Joe Cummins

Misha Gale-Sinex wrote:
Joe, who wrote the letter?

paz
mish

~~~~~~~~~~~~

An article from Agbioview
Biopharming Is Safely Regulated

- Capital Times (Madison, WI), December 28, 2002

Dear Editor: There can be no quarrel with Associate Editor John Nichols'
conclusion in his Dec. 17 column that plants genetically engineered to
produce medicines should not be allowed to contaminate food crops.
However, I disagree with Nichols' assertion that the U.S. Department of
Agriculture is "asleep at the switch" when it comes to protecting the
integrity of the nation's food supply.

<snip>

Biopharming is taking place, safely and with little risk to adjoining
fields, in hundreds of carefully monitored test plots nationwide. Given
the choice, I would much rather accept the incredibly minimal risks
associated with biopharming than pass up an enormous opportunity to
produce breakthrough drugs that could help millions of people.

.