Re: reply to Wytze on corn pollination

Hi Frank and Wytze,
For sown seed the only rational limit is the lowest detectable level
(LDL). One in a thousand is not much better than 5 in a thousand. One
appreciates how difficult it is to  get rational  measures  (like
getting blood from a stone) from obtuse and entrenched bureaucrats and
their political  mouthpieces, but effort must be made  because once the
pollution is allowed there is no way of turning it back.
S sincerely, Joe

geno@ZAP.A2000.NL wrote:

Hi Frank,
I forgot to mention that. You are right there is also a 0,5% treshold
for gmo's that have been through the assessmentprocess but have
not been approved yet. This is again a treshold for the endproduct.
The tresholds for sowing seeds are still a proposal but the EC
wants to make it official before the end of the year, so we have a
few months left to lobby to lower it to a maximum of 0,1%

wytze