Re: [SANET-MG] Zero discharge livestock farming

Hi Neal,
Your project is very exciting and I wish you the best on its completion. One question, how have you coped with the smell from the operation? sincerely, joe cummins
Neal Van Milligen wrote:
We are finishing our model for a zero discharge hog farm. We hope to implement it at an Indiana hog farm beginning in Feb. Essentially it involves capturing the scrape manure discharge, or filtering the solids from a flush system. The solid material is either fed to Black Soldier Flies to produce the 45% protein and 30% fat that the larvae compose or gasified to produce heat, hot water and distilled water. Electrical production is an option in this system using the producer gas to operate an internal combustion engine. The liquid portion of the hog waste will be further filtered and cleaned so that the disinfected, clear water can be returned to be used for a sanitary flush again. It is our goal to virtually eliminate the discharge from a hog, dairy or laying hen farm. We will work to not only eliminate the discharge but to convert the material into a value added product of power, fuel, feed and fertilizer. Laying hens for example are often clustered in high population farms. The fresh manure from 4,000,000 laying hens can produce 10-14 tons per day of dried Black Soldier Fly larvae and 1000 gallons of oil. Since the larvae have such robust protein analysis and a very favorable amino acid profile they are good candidates for livestock and fish feed. Regards, Cornelius A. Van Milligen
Kentucky Enrichment Inc
cavm@aol.com <mailto:cavm@aol.com>
&NBSP;

&NBSP;