Re: NOSB minutes on Compost Tea

At 03:19 PM 11/10/02, Douglas Hinds wrote:
Hello Elaine, Steve & other saneters following this thread,

Also interesting was the lack of understanding on this subject by
those responsible for overseeing the USA's NOP, as demonstrated by
the NOSB minutes. (Should I say I'm not surprised? Should I say I
told you so years ago)?

Douglas and everyone - The NOSB does not have oversight of the NOP. It
provides recommendations to the NOP and has most of the control of the
materials list. The NOP's oversight comes from the current administration
with some pressure being exerted by Congress. Decisions by the NOP can have
different sources than the recommendations of the NOSB and often do.

Douglas

Yours,
Dave DeCou

.