Re: [GWL] Re: gardenwriters Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Do you have any references indicating that mycorrhizae aid in N nutrition?
Also, I believe that large amounts of P do not kill the fungi, but merely
suppress the development of mycorrhizae. Perhaps the plant chooses the easiest
route: using fertilizer P takes less energy than using P garnered by
mycorrhizae. After all, the fungi need to be fed, too, and use some of the
carbohydrates manufactured by the plants. I am not promoting fertilizer over
mycorrhizae. Nutrients gathered by mycorrhizae are more efficient to the planet
as a whole, not to mention being more "natural." I'd like your comments Doreen.