Re: [compost_tea] Brewing Vats?

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:28:25 -0700 (PDT)

Carol Burns - go to a cooperage, or possibly a recycle outfit. Often they are free as recycled shipping for food products. Ask for a near cubical tank about 46"x 43" x 44 " with a steel frame around it. Usually near white. Tank is polyethylene, heavy duty but a light tank. Holds 250 to 275 gallons. Has a 2" valve and 2" npt fittings at the bottom, a 6" screw top. You can cut the top open any shape you want. Use a small jig saw, fine tooth blade.Start hole with 3/4" hole saw. At 100 to 200 g you could remove it from the frame and set it on a pallet. Makes a good tea bewing tank. It is light enough with the frame removed to pick it up and move it, tip it over, wash it out. We use about 4 of them daily with the Bob-O Lators to support a tea applications service. .If you are going to haul the tea keep the frame. Bob of Bob's Brewers.

carol burns <fscb_at_yahoo.com> wrote:We are looking for an AFFORDABLE vat for brewing (just
the vat, not the brewer); preferably in the 100-200
gallon range. Any suggestions? Thanks!!