[compost_tea] Re: Copper heating element

From: ddrunyon <ddrunyon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:34:55 -0000

-

-- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Jason Austin <jason.austin_at_s...>
wrote:
> The in-tank heating element for my brewer finally turned up - but
with a
> copper heating element. Copper, I understand from earlier
postings is
> toxic to bacteria.
>
> Before I send it back and incur another two week wait, can anyone
hazard
> a guess if it would be OK to paint the element in a heat resistant
paint
> to cover the copper?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jason

 Jason I do not know how large of a tank you are using? I'am using a
200 gallon tank and using an electric blanket to keep it warm. I'am
starting with a water heater to bring up the temp around 80 deg.
then using the blanket I can keep the temperature up for 24 hours.
The nights here in Indiana have been down to 25deg and 38 deg. Hope
this helps. David

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/0PSxlB/TM