[compost_tea] Re: SuperThrive & Gmelina

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 14:04:58 -0700

RE: Message: 3
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 08:23:08 -0700
From: "David Loring" <dloring3_at_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Re: SuperThrive?

David -- On page 40 of your treatise, it said

"CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONUnder the experimental conditions described,
the studies conducted demonstrated that it is possibleto mass propagate
Gmelina even without using expensive rooting hormones and that in order
thatthe clones can grow and stay healthy, fertilizer application is
necessary. The simple experimentsalso suggest the influence of genotype on
rooting ability and early growth performance. It istherefore important that
before any attempt to mass propagate the species en masse
preliminaryscreening on rooting ability and consequent clonal tests should
be conducted."

I guess I appreciate the information, and may have a similar problem with my
space bar, But Huh? I think you may be running on forests too far... And
what
does this have to do with compost tea? Most of us here are into seeds, vs
genotypes and clones, per se. Which "fertilizer application" do you mean?

Other news in your SuperThrive abstract excerpt seemed not particularly good
and I'm wondering why you copied us. What's your organic message here?

-- Kirk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/0PSxlB/TM