Re: [compost_tea] Soil amendments, compost making

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 03:49:55 EDT

Hi have to second Steve's warning about other fish products on the market.

Neptune's Harvest is a good fish product, not waste left-overs that have been
sitting around for days or longer, going putrid and developing anaerobic,
toxic materials in it. Like Steve, I don't need legal action coming my way,
so I won't name names either, but I think we all know which company we're
talking about. Please be aware that "fish oil" salespeople are out there!

A real clue is when the containers of fish products start to swell badly
after you buy them. It's hard to keep a high concentration of bacteria from
growing in something when they have already well-begun the process of
putrefication before the fish was ground up and stabilized with high
concentrations of acid.

Please be careful.

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic