RES: [compost_tea] Salt Water in CT?

From: Jose Luiz M Garcia <gingerjo_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 12:48:38 -0300

I have been doing that all the time except for the
fact that I use desalted sea water and I can guarantee you
it works wonders.
NaCl is no good regardless what Dr Maynard has to say.
So, I use sea water without NaCl but with all the other
90 minerals ( When I say "without" I should have said
"with most of NaCl removed" in fact).
You have a company in the States that removes NaCl from Salt Lake
and sells it as Liquimins Concentrace, Trace Mineral Drops, Low
Sodium. Trace Minerals Research, PO Box 429, Roy, UT84067.
www.traceminerals.com
Maybe they have low grade batches that could be used for agricultural
purposes like the product I get here in Brazil.
What really works in sea water is the 90 other minerals and not sodium
and chlorine regardless what Dr Maynard have said about it. Na or Cl
can be obtained mostly everywhere and do not really help.
See, sea water is still a mystery to us. Science cannot duplicate it so
far.
They can analyze it and figure out all their components and individual
concentrations but when they try to duplicate it fishes will not live in
man-made artificial sea water.
In fact little attention is done on practical means on how to remove
NaCl
from sea water and leaves all the rest. Whoever can do that will reap
lots of
benefits either from plant nutrition , animal and men nutrition.

Jose

I have just read the book Sea Energy Agriculture by Dr. Maynard
Murray (d. 1983). A physician and physiologist, he studied the
properties of ocean water for 40 years, concluding it was the key
ingredient in restoring mineral deficient soils (ocean water contains
90-odd minerals). His experimental vs. control tests on plants and
animals yielded impressive results. He used sea water two ways:
direct application to soil and evaporation yielding mineral residue
which he applied to soil.

My, and everyone's, first reaction would be, What about the negative
impact of salt? He says that soil microbial activity does the same
thing to ocean salt as to the other minerals -- transforms it from
inorganic to organic so that it doesn't harm plants. He states in his
book that the primary purpose of the plant kingdom is to be a conduit
of minerals in the soil to the human body. Interesting.

Question: What about mixing sea water in with CT in the brewing cycle
in limited amounts? Impact on the critters? Other
advantages/disadvantages?

William K.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
Scan engine: VirusScan / Atualizado em 07/05/2003 / Versão: 1.3.13
Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://www.emailprotegido.terra.com.br/

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!