Re: RES: [compost_tea] Salt Water in CT?

From: elprune <elprune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 04:33:27 -0000

Jose,

When you say desalted sea water works wonders, what in particular
have you observed with your agriculture in Brazil?

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jose Luiz M Garcia"
<gingerjo_at_t...> wrote:
> I have been doing that all the time except for the
> fact that I use desalted sea water and I can guarantee you
> it works wonders.
> NaCl is no good regardless what Dr Maynard has to say.
> So, I use sea water without NaCl but with all the other
> 90 minerals ( When I say "without" I should have said
> "with most of NaCl removed" in fact).
> You have a company in the States that removes NaCl from Salt Lake
> and sells it as Liquimins Concentrace, Trace Mineral Drops, Low
> Sodium. Trace Minerals Research, PO Box 429, Roy, UT84067.
> www.traceminerals.com
> Maybe they have low grade batches that could be used for
agricultural
> purposes like the product I get here in Brazil.
> What really works in sea water is the 90 other minerals and not
sodium
> and chlorine regardless what Dr Maynard have said about it. Na or
Cl
> can be obtained mostly everywhere and do not really help.
> See, sea water is still a mystery to us. Science cannot duplicate
it so
> far.
> They can analyze it and figure out all their components and
individual
> concentrations but when they try to duplicate it fishes will not
live in
> man-made artificial sea water.
> In fact little attention is done on practical means on how to
remove
> NaCl
> from sea water and leaves all the rest. Whoever can do that will
reap
> lots of
> benefits either from plant nutrition , animal and men nutrition.
>
> Jose
>

> I have just read the book Sea Energy Agriculture by Dr. Maynard
> Murray (d. 1983). A physician and physiologist, he studied the
> properties of ocean water for 40 years, concluding it was the key
> ingredient in restoring mineral deficient soils (ocean water
contains
> 90-odd minerals). His experimental vs. control tests on plants and
> animals yielded impressive results. He used sea water two ways:
> direct application to soil and evaporation yielding mineral
residue
> which he applied to soil.
>
> My, and everyone's, first reaction would be, What about the
negative
> impact of salt? He says that soil microbial activity does the same
> thing to ocean salt as to the other minerals -- transforms it from
> inorganic to organic so that it doesn't harm plants. He states in
his
> book that the primary purpose of the plant kingdom is to be a
conduit
> of minerals in the soil to the human body. Interesting.
>
> Question: What about mixing sea water in with CT in the brewing
cycle
> in limited amounts? Impact on the critters? Other
> advantages/disadvantages?
>
> William K.

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

> Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
> Scan engine: VirusScan / Atualizado em 07/05/2003 / Versão: 1.3.13
> Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://www.emailprotegido.terra.com.br/

Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Question=
s.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/0PSxlB/TM