Re: [compost_tea] Pumps and Aerob-a-jet

From: Thomas Giannou <thomas_at_tandjenterprises.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 12:04:00 -0700

MessageHi Peter,

I don't remember seeing anything from Elaine on this topic. But who knows,=
 she sometimes replies but doesn't copy text from the message.

The idea with the micro bubbles is that a lot of air bubbles are in suspens=
ion for quite some time if one uses a device (aerob-a-jet, or a micro bubbl=
e venturi) that can generate bubbles in the 20 micron size or less. I foun=
d a venturi that can generate those size bubbles and might also be used to =
get the bacteria and fungi off the compost through agitation. The aerob-a-=
jet won't work as an agitator, but it can sure maintain a lot of air in sus=
pension in the water. It appears that it could solve a lot of problems wit=
h keeping oxygen dissolved in CT before, during, and after the brewing proc=
ess.

The manufacturer should be able to tell you what the DO levels are with the=
ir devices for a given volume of water and how long it takes their various =
devices to maximize the number of suspended micro bubbles in a given volume=
 of water.

--Thomas Giannou
http://www.tandjenterprises.com