Re: [compost_tea] Pumps and Aerob-a-jet

From: <laura_s_at_vaxxine.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:04:38 -0400

OK if I recall Elaine's response said that perhaps having too much air in
suspension could oxidize the microbes. I believe she quoted the Goldilocks
principle again :-)) not enough air , anerobic too much air oxided.

Of course someone could buy one and test it.

Thomas have you tried out the venturi that makes the micro bubbles ?

At 12:04 PM 12/05/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>MessageHi Peter,
>
>I don't remember seeing anything from Elaine on this topic. But who knows,=
> she sometimes replies but doesn't copy text from the message.=20=20
>
>The idea with the micro bubbles is that a lot of air bubbles are in suspens=
>ion for quite some time if one uses a device (aerob-a-jet, or a micro bubbl=
>e venturi) that can generate bubbles in the 20 micron size or less. I foun=
>d a venturi that can generate those size bubbles and might also be used to =
>get the bacteria and fungi off the compost through agitation. The aerob-a-=
>jet won't work as an agitator, but it can sure maintain a lot of air in sus=
>pension in the water. It appears that it could solve a lot of problems wit=
>h keeping oxygen dissolved in CT before, during, and after the brewing proc=
>ess.=20=20
>

>WARNING: The remainder of this message has not been transferred.
>The estimated size of this message is 11837 bytes.
>Click on the server retrieve icon above and check mail again to get the
whole thing. If the server retrieve icon is not showing, then this message
is no longer on the server.

Laura Sabourin
EcoVit Ecologically Sound Horticultural Products
Tea-riffic Aerobic Compost Tea and Acadian Seaplant Products
RR # 1
St Catharines, Ontario L2R 6P7
http://www.ecovit.ca
http://www.compost-tea.ca