Re: [compost_tea] Cronartium ribicola on red currants

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:03:00 -0700 (PDT)

Merla, YOU may be the one to discover the solution. Certainly give yout CT a try. Maybe others will know more about this subject. How to grow both currents and white pine in the same area without blight on both

Last Sat, May 10 in Elaines class she described how high fungal CT and high fungal compost would reduce weeds and increase grass cover. We have Oxalis that we talked about. We also have wild strawberries. More hardy for low temps? They are spreading solid over an area of poor soil. They have had some CT to help them grow..
Bright shiny green leaves, covered with white blossoms. Later will feed birds with tiny sweet berries.

Merla Barberie <herbnmerla_at_supersat2.net> wrote:
Until this season, we have been lucky enough not to be blister rust on
our 100+ planting of red currants. We live in a forested area and have
susceptible white pines all around. Now it's just starting on the top
leaves of our red currants. Does anyone have a compost tea solution to
this? Would a bacterial-fungal tea perhaps be appropriate? Should we
cut down all the white pine seedlings on our meadow or is it a lost
cause? Thanks for anything you can suggest.

Best,

Merla

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor