[compost_tea] Re: CT effective in Desert areas?

From: tomjasz <tomj_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:48:11 -0000

Absolutely! The results in desert soils are very dramatic. We have
been applying tested composts, compost tea, and organic fertilizers
for several years. We have out-competed palm diseases, turf pathogens
and all fungal outbreaks in a large commercial landscape. At home I
have had the healthiest and best tasting vegetables ever.

We believe that our calciferous saline soils need higher rates of CT
than generally recommended but not significantly higher (no real
data, just an opinion). Mycorrhizae and surfactants were and continue
to be absolutely critical to our success.

This is where tested vermicompost, for CT, and it's diversity really
shine!

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Walter Jorge Gomez Ruiz"
<wgomez_at_p...> wrote:
> Is the application of CT effective in Desert areas, with very low
> humidity in the air, quite high temperatures and very intense
> sunlight? Do the microorganisms sprayed have a chance to endure or
be
> of help? Soil in these areas is usually not organically amended.
>
> Thank you
>
> Walter Gómez
> San Luis Potosí, Mexico
> wgomez_at_p...

Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Question=
s.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/0PSxlB/TM