RE: [compost_tea] baking soda

From: Tom Jaszewski <tomj_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:20:02 -0700

There is no evidence, I can find, that baking soda works as a pathogen
control mixed with tea. All the work has been done and documented when it’s
used with an ultralight oil as a powdery mildew and leaf fungal control. BS
should be followed up with a foliar application of CT. (did I say that?
<Spraying self with tea>)

I suspect (no science) that since baking soda has some sort of fungicidal
activity it would be detrimental to fungal populations in tea.

Tom Jaszewski
www.livesoil.com
702-595-7012