RE: [compost_tea] baking soda vs. potassum bicarbonate

From: Tom Jaszewski <tomj_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 09:39:04 -0700

“Various carbonates and bicarbonates have been proven effective against gray
mold, the number one post-harvest disease of grapes. Researchers found that
carbonates were more effective than bicarbonates at reducing gray mold
(Botrytis cinerea) spore germination, and that sodium and ammonium
bicarbonates were better than potassium bicarbonate ( 27
<http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/bakingsoda.html#27> ).”

Anon. 1999. Baking soda and gray mold. Conference notes: ESA and APS joint
meeting. IPM Practitioner. April. p. 10-11.

Tom Jaszewski
www.livesoil.com
702-595-7012