[compost_tea] RE: the problem with Recipes

From: <laura_s_at_vaxxine.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:29:22 -0400

The compost tea manual recipes are a good starting place.

The recipe that YOU need will be determined by a number of factors. To list
a few :
YOUR brewer
YOUR compost
YOUR water
YOUR goals (plant growth, soil improvement, disease suppression ....)
YOUR ambient temperature
the nutrients you purchase

It would be difficult for Elaine or anyone elseone to give you a recipe
that will work for all of the possible combinations of the above variables.

So start with a basic recipe. Make Tea, Use Tea, Test tea, Revise Tea and
keep doing this until you find a recipe that's right for you.

At 11:05 AM 20/05/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> Jason,
>
> IMO having recipes available are a very good idea for anyone brewing
> compost tea and I also thought they'd be in the manual.
> I'd like to see a recipe chart for all the brewers that
> Do others have an opinion
> on the merits and is there anyone who can
> Perhaps this can be on Dr. Elaine's e-zine,
> as well as in the next manual.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Judi

Laura Sabourin
EcoVit Ecologically Sound Horticultural Products
Tea-riffic Aerobic Compost Tea and Acadian Seaplant Products
RR # 1
St Catharines, Ontario L2R 6P7
http://www.ecovit.ca
http://www.compost-tea.ca