[compost_tea] Re: NOP Clarification

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:45:18 -0700

Allison -- Thanks for your comment. I may have overstated the "arrogance"
of certifiier options, though, or mistated their latitude. We've brought up
an organic industry with independent private certifiers. I regard them
dearly. The arrogance I suggested is that of USNOP tapping in to them. We
set up a structure the last twenty years that makes it easy for USDA to
certify "processed manure materials" which I still regard as potentially
dangerous. Could be some state ag certifiers either can't move around or
they insist on their own certification, and that manure certifiers are
suspect, too. USNOP is definitely out of date. CT should be supported. --
Kirk

   Message: 2