Re: [compost_tea] Amigo Cantisano?

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 23:56:20 -0400

I know Bob - or Amigo. He uses tea that isn't necessarily aerated, but then usually doesn't put in much food to get the organisms growing to high numbers. If you don't get them growing, then don't have to worry about oxygen use. But then there won't be organisms able to immediately make the glues that bind them to leaf surfaces, or grow on contact and stick to the plant surfaces. OK for soil drench, but not for foliar sprays.

But Bob was out there doing work on teas in the real world before most of us science types had even heard of tea. I was working in lab conditions on extracting organisms from compost and soil for many, many years, while Amigo was working on field application of tea. We've both been in the biz for quite some time, just focused in different areas.

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY