[compost_tea] Mastitis

From: russell_snodgrass <jaxanrus_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 05:00:31 -0000

Can anyone help?

In the dairy industry we have a huge problem world wide with mastitis
(bacteria infection of the cows udder)
                 -Environment to cow mastitis-
The bacteria that cause the mastitis are found in the environment
eg.feces, soil. Environmental Streptococcal species include:
-strep.dysgalactiae
-strep.uberis
They are all gram positive bacteria, they can live on the skin and in
the cows environment(soil). We are dairy farming in New Zealand, our
cows are outside 100% of the time, mastitis is a real problem.
My question is-
               By improving the soil biology(diversity) with good CT
and the food to feed them, will the streptococcal species of bacteria
in the soil be reduced, out competed or eliminated, or are they just
part of a healthy soil biology?

Any feed back would be most appreciated!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM