Re: [compost_tea] Mastitis

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:27:23 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel Haley wrote a book " Politics in Healing" that is a study in what important, - wonderful ! - medical discoveries have been made but rejected by the medical "industry" because they were non-toxic, cheap, not patentable and would not make a bundle of money for the "industry". Among the discoveries is one about how a cow, udder injected by a pathogen, can pass immunity to people thru colostrum. Inject the disease into an udder, months prior to calving. The first milk will carry an immunity to the person / animal that drinks that first milk. One example given was cows that foraged in poison ivey caused an immunity to poison ivey when the persons drank the first milk. Several well known pathogens were also given as examples. Natures use of the system was, I suppose, intended to provide a broad immunity to the calf.

For your problem with mastitis Is there a reason to think that an immunity could be developed via that means? It seems that the system is already in place but not working for this mallady. Is this worth some research? Maybe there is a way to make it work.
The book: www.globalhealingcenter.com
Global Healing Center Inc
PO Box 1749
Baytown TX 77522 ( 281) 383 0038
I like the idea that CT might work if applied to the pasture. I would not expect total abolishment of the problem microbes but perhaps a balancing by friendly microbes.

At least in the animal field you or other researchers won't have to raise half a billion bucks and do a 10 year "study" to get past the FDA, AMA, ACI, NCI and the marketing establishments that have denied humans many proven cures for health problems. . Bob

russell_snodgrass <jaxanrus_at_xtra.co.nz> wrote:
Can anyone help?

In the dairy industry we have a huge problem world wide with mastitis
(bacteria infection of the cows udder)
                 -Environment to cow mastitis-
The bacteria that cause the mastitis are found in the environment
eg.feces, soil. Environmental Streptococcal species include:
-strep.dysgalactiae
-strep.uberis
They are all gram positive bacteria, they can live on the skin and in
the cows environment(soil). We are dairy farming in New Zealand, our
cows are outside 100% of the time, mastitis is a real problem.
My question is-
               By improving the soil biology(diversity) with good CT
and the food to feed them, will the streptococcal species of bacteria
in the soil be reduced, out competed or eliminated, or are they just
part of a healthy soil biology?

Any feed back would be most appreciated!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor