Re: [compost_tea] compost tea start up

From: Frank L Teuton <fteuton_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:25:14 -0400

Jeff,

Sounds like an information problem to me. Many homeowners do own tractors,
of course, and most landscapers/mowing companies have them.

And, readers of this list will recall that a simple pump for applying heavy
liquids, such as asphalt sealant, can be purchased at most hardware stores,
that will handle thick tea just fine...

In my case I simply removed the strainers from the line going back to the
boom sprayer, and we strain our tea through paint filter bags, the five
gallon bucket size....

For that matter, for a small lawn you can use those 3-4 dollar sprinkler
cans, a small tub, and something like a Bitty Bob teamaker for small yards
and gardens.

Nope, not seeing much in the way of technical difficulties on the
application side of this....now getting tea into trees is another story....

And of course there are tea quality issues....;-)

Frank