Re: [compost_tea] Sprayer Update!

From: Lawrence F. London, Jr. <lfl_at_intrex.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:51:46 -0700

Jeff Lowenfels wrote:
> I spent the weekend testing a new nozzle on a Hudson "concrete" sprayer
> and want to report fantastic results.
>
> The nozzle is the TKSS-15. It sprays out a large 12 inch swath and does
> not clog up at all. Fantastic.You have to pump a bit more because it
> releases quite a bit of tea in the spray...which you want...but it
> didn't clog once and I was using Alaska Humus, undecanted.
>
> You can get this nozzle at www.rittenhouse.ca
> <http://www.rittenhouse.ca> or sales_at_rittenhouse.ca
> <mailto:sales_at_rittenhouse.ca> . Wendy Rittenhouse did the research and
> I think it is always good to support our own!

What other portable hand held or backpack sprayers exist for spraying compost tea
or is this Hudson model the best of the lot?

It's here:

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=1017
Hudson Concrete Curing Compound Sprayer
This sprayer is designed from the ground up for spraying concrete curing compounds, or release agents, sealers, liquid de-icers, and many
semi-transparent stains.

Viton® seals for maximum chemical resistance.

Larger diameter fluid path from tank to nozzle allows spraying newer, thicker curing compounds and sealers, up to 30-35% solids.

Heavy duty 4 US gallon polyethylene tank (3.5 gal useable capacity).

     * Great for applying liquid de-icer, to melt snow and ice.
     * Larger diameter brass supply tube.
     * Larger diameter brass control valve, wand and fittings.
     * 48" spray hose.
     * Heavy duty steel clips hold spray wand.
     * Built-in pressure release valve in filler lid.
* Not recommended for low volume applications, such as herbicides.
Price: $95.86

--
L.F.London
lfl_at_intrex.net