Re: [compost_tea] Mixed

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:41:11 -0700 (PDT)

Bill. of course the reason for terminology is to avoid presenting CT as a drug. It is rather a natural condition that plants need for good health. Kinda of a balance in nature. Like without cats mice would become a nuisance. How to word the peach leaf curl? I my case the curl quit growing on new leaves if I sprayed fequently with CT, added it to the soil and in general gave the little tree the care it needed. And - the weather changed to dry conditions. Will the curl come back next year? I'm going to keep CT applied more often. I'll let you know next year.

Now that I have started using my own brewer and spray system and have it here handy I find it much easier to make frequent applications. My plants are showing the results. I was letting our CT service come once in a while. I should have scheduled it more fequently. Having my own lets me apply it more often. Bob

Halstead <halstead_at_mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
Re. terminology. Re. Peach leaf curl I said the lesions d--. Informed that word should not be used.Now this is what as a practicle person I observed.No trails!Can I use the term Cured /CT is curative?

Can plants poisonous to man /animals etc be put in compost heaps?.ie Ragwort. Fox Glove, Rhubarb leaves, etc.

I mulch with straw around my trees and soft fruit and so a fair portion of the CT spray falls on this mulch. Are the B/F. in the CT going to 'work' on the mulch?

Bill H.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor