[compost_tea] Re: RE: Re: RE: What to call it besides compost tea?

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:04:40 -0700

Paulette -- Compost + nutrients + aeration = "aerated" or "aerobic" or
"brewed" compost tea. I don't see a way around it or a need to change,
really, having slept on the notion of "organic tea"... of which there are
many others, including some stanky ones. Think now it would simply add
confusion. ACT or AACT or ABCT - it's what you can do with it, selling and
educating and showing people are where impact will happen, as James and Bob
suggest. One farm and one garden at a time, whatever it's called. Compost
tea is what it is, though I continue to believe there are multiple ways to
make it for multiple purposes...

Like those trade names, too..:-) But "Superhumus?" I think that may be
overselling, Ray. Humus is formed in soils over time, often over a long
time. You can't spray it on with an application or two or many. You can
use some humus in making teas, probably a real good idea, but if soil is
humus-less you have to compost or otherwise build soil organic matter for
some years before it will start forming again, I think. ACT helps but it's
not humus, and its soil effects seem limited by soil OM... "Microbe tea"
seems a plenty good and appropriate name, eh? Jeff's "humus tea" seems not
to be overselling, given what I understand about AH. Would still like to
hear how it was formed... Jeff... how many times do I have to ask?:-) A
glacier must have whacked a big forest in the last ice age, maybe?

-- Kirk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM