RE: [compost_tea] Soak in a Bucket CT NO NO NO

From: John Cowan <vivax_at_northlink.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 14:08:06 -0700

If compost tea is to be ban due to being a hazardous substance, then
logically most chemical pesticides should be, too. Used according to label
directions seems to be good enough for regulators, manufacturers and lawyers
in the case of chemicals. Surely, specifying the critical factors in making
a compost tea is reasonable route as is done with bio-solids. The chances of
a poor quality "compost" tea causing a serious health problem maybe possible
but not terribly likely. Are we banning cars because because a few people
are reckless? Obviously, their value outweighs the fact that many thousands
die each year! (That still seems crazy to me.) If regulators ban and
regulate compost tea to death it is because they are trying to justify their
position as regulators. It is far easier to come down on something that does
not have a big industry (read big money) behind it. If they regulators are
not reasonable people given the full facts then it would seem that the
process is hopelessly curupt.

John Cowan