[compost_tea] Re AABCT

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:04:52 -0700

Mike -- Thanks for your most enjoyable reply. Bob thinks ABCT, actually,
and I really like the notion of Any Actually Beneficial Compost Tea.
Technically, I think ACT, Aerated Compost Tea, is as complete and clear as
as a name's gonna get. And I will always use my BFWKFSCT (Big Fat Wooden
Kitchen Fork Stirred Compost Tea), which certainly contains heaps of
goodness when made from good composts, too.

But darnit, I did really want to know about Cape Aloe, which I understand is
not a CT listserve thing but might be interesting for others. Is it native
to SA or has it simply been cultivated there on a large scale as I've been
led to believe?

-- Kirk

> Message: 10
> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:10:27 +0200
> From: "Mike Benton" <compost_at_mweb.co.za>
> Subject: Re AABCT
>
> Hi all. Is it not funny how first you can not get someone to say anything
> ,then they come out of the lurkers closet and now all they do is shout
their
> keyboard off:)
> Kirk AABCT in my terms is Any Actually Beneficial CT,just kidding I think
> Bob meant Activated Aerated Brewed CT[ BOB?]
> This alphabet soup of terms makes me think that I am eating one of those
> kiddies tomato soups with all the letters in...The brewer ,unit ,machine,
> fermenter, bio-reactor that produces {here we go } compost tea,tea
> ,AACT,ABCT,AABCT FBI, CIA, NIA,USDA EPA or IRS Oops I seem to have
> lost the thread. Please lets keep it simple. We accept that compost ,and
by
> that we mean really good quality compost is needed to make CT then lets
> settle on a nice simple name ,which we can all use .Of course the fall
back
> term will remain tea. When I see clients who have one of my brewers and I
> say to them "How is the tea today ",they don't mistake this for a
reference
> to something in a fine china cup.
> Since today is Sunday down here at the pointed end of Africa and coming
ever
> later to the parts east of us, Compost Technologies is proud to place it's
> first international advert here. No dancing girls, no sincere looking
> gentlemen in white coats in fields of rolling grain. No just the simple
> statement that we produce Compost tea brewers in standard and custom
sizes.
> If you are considering a commercial sized tea application, then drop us a
> line. We would love to hear from you and since our currency is not worth a
> damn our export deals look really good. We have housed trillions of happy
> habitants over the last two years and not one has ever complained. Our tea
> contains Heaps of Goodness.
> Regards
> Mike Benton
> Compost Technologies

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your HP at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5706&lp=home/hp.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/arYXfA/.xWGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM