RE: [compost_tea] FW: NOFC - Compost Tea

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 01:47:12 -0700

Yes, I gave it the ole' smell test. I've smelled nasty bad tea mud from
prior batches only when they were left standing. It took several days
for the standing wet tea mud to develop an unpleasant stink. I handled
this latest tea mud a little differently because I couldn't hold it
aerated. I spread some in a thin layer to dry and then kept it cool.
When the lovely liquid growing conditions for bacteria dry up or become
less habitable, I was thinking that the bacteria would go into a kind of
hibernation and reawaken when hydrated. Of course, this is only my
hypothesis. I've used up all new and prior tea mud now in the new
compost pile. Has anyone ever tested this mud for its properties?

Aerobitizing = aerobic?