[compost_tea] Re: Large scale CT production for farm use

From: ddrunyon <ddrunyon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:48:26 -0000

-
Hello ! I have started using (ACT) on my corn this year. I'am
appling
2 gal per acre in the seed trench( it requires time). I have been
watching it and will know more after harvest. I do not use any
insecticides, some herbicides(Hey don't jump on me yet). I'am not
100% converted. But I know that I will not return back to where I
was before! If you want to increase OM start a green crop program
and do not stop for 5 years. It will take that long to show
anything, after all this did not happen overnight!

- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Timothy Bolander"
<tim.bolander_at_t...> wrote:
> Hi Bgunzy,
> My experience is that ACT definitly promotes goals 2, 3 and 4.
Goal 5 is less obvious.
> ACT, by itself, does not increase the OM in a soil.
> Selected compost crops, production of a tested, high quality
compost
> Spread as needed and use ACT to conserve and increase the % of OM
in the soil.
> Use compost tea only in non-composted fields.

Albrecht
> and others, and find a lot of interesting information there. I
think
> there are ways to improve our land without resorting to the
latest
> and greatest products from Monsanto.
>
> Compost - we have cattle, so manure from the dry lot is
available
> (albeit not enough to spread on all of our acres). We also have
> higher carbon sources, like straw, to mix with the manure. What
> like about ACT is that the benefits of a relatively small amount
of
> high quality compost can be applied to a greater area.
>
> Thanks.
>
> BGunzy
>
> --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Timothy Bolander"
> <tim.bolander_at_t...> wrote:
> > One thousand acres is not the question. It is what do you want
> accomplished and do you have the right compost for the job. I
have
> good brewer designs and the know how. Let me know if you are of
> interested
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Timothy Bolander

SC
> Iowa,
> > and would like to start creating my own tea for on-the-farm
use,
> if
> > possible. I have the CT manual on order, so that may
provide

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM